A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

True Confessions

Ok.

So.

Here's the thing.

I gained  s e v e n t e e n  pounds between Nov 1st and Jan 1st. 17. One. Seven. That's like... 2 pounds a week. When I told my sister she said "Oh don't worry, I did the same thing when I was pregnant with P". That does NOT make me feel better. I put on weight and I don't even have a kid to show for it.

I am very blessed that I'm kind of tall and I gain weight pretty uniformly. Like a little everywhere so it's not that noticeable unless you're watching me try to zip a dress or squeeze in to a pair of jeggings.

So I re-upped my membership at the gym and yesterday I put on some compression pants to contain the jiggle, held my chin(s) up high and marched back in to the weight room to bench press the bar like a champ. Today... I can't turn to the right, my armpits are super sore and I could barely carry K's crate to the car. Success!

I'd never really done strength training before I started on the program the trainer at my gym set up for me last July. Holy cow. WHAT a difference it made. I know. Everyone tells you that. But seriously. Yea, it was SUPER weird going in to the "boys" section of the gym to use the free weights. And I realized after 3 weeks I was sitting on the lat pull down machine backwards. And I still don't use the squat rack in there because I am afraid of tipping over backwards in front of everyone. But, holy cow, my arms never ever ever looked better nor my butt perkier.

So, I'm back on my program. And I plan to blog a few updates/milestones as I achieve them... because I will achieve them. Because I have a cruise coming up in 53 days. Failure is not an option. I'm not ballsy enough to actually post like before and after pics. Nobody wants to see that.

I figured I'd include my variation of the program the trainer at the gym gave me. This isn't all of the program and I've changed a few things so don't print this out and follow it like the gospel. It's just what I have time for on my lunch break and what I feel comfortable doing that has the least amount of moves that involve my butt up in the air for all to see in the middle of the gym.

A few comments
  • 2 sets of 15 reps of everything
  • Strength training before cardio
  • Google the name of the strength training move before you go and look at the pictures and YouTube videos so that when you walk in, you know exactly what you're doing and look like a pro who lifts weights all the time (or at least that's what I do)
  • Never ever skip the cardio. Even if you only have time for 10 minutes. It helps keep you from getting REALLY sore and stiff the next day.
  • The "hug" machine is that one where it feels like you're trying to hug your mortal enemy but your body is fighting back? You know that one? I don't know the real name for it

2 comments:

  1. In my defense, I gained that much in ONE month and it wasn't over the holidays. Don't make me sound like a jerk now that you're famous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I don't think I made you sound like a jerk... I didn't mean to if I did! And it wasn't because you were stuffing your face with bean burritos, you had a thyroid issue.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena