A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Domesticated

Because I'm super domesticated, while the boys were gone for the weekend, I scrubbed the kitchen floors and did ALL the laundry in the house (all the laundry that was in hampers... although a ton of D's clothes didn't get done because he's irresponsible and won't put them in the hamper even after I asked and then asked again after noticing only one pair of his jeans when I sorted. And he assured me he'd brought me all his clothes. So now he's going to have to do another couple loads and make me feel like a bad wifey-in-training. grrrrrrr)

I was trying to take a before pic but my camera is just drawn to my puppy.

I scrubbed all the black moldy stuff off the grout in the kitchen. And by "all", I mean about half before I got tired. Hydrogen peroxide + baking soda = very excellent bleachy wash for grout. I'd say I used about 4 parts peroxide to 1 part baking soda. Dipped D's toothbrush in the mix (don't worry, he had another) and then just scrubbed it away.

Little man did NOT care for the baby gates. 
He paced and whimpered and was very concerned about me being in kitchen jail 

The great part about basically bleaching the grout is that every time I walk by the kitchen, it looks better than the last time. Just keeps getting whiter. I'll finish it tomorrow. Tonight, D and I are going to look at two gyms and get signed up so we can fulfill our goal of getting hot.

I mean... it's a big improvement. This photo shows it's not PERFECT but definitely better.

I also did an accidental 4th grade science experiment. After scrubbing maybe 1/8 of the tile, the Colgate Max White toofbrush I was scrubbing with was in ill repair. I thought, "lawdy, I'm gonna have to use 8 toothbrushes!" Wrong-o. I grabbed my Colgate 360 I'd been using for a few (6+) months and proceeded to finish the rest of the half of the floor with it and it still looks usable! Idk what that means to you... mostly that the 360 has stiffer bristles, I assume... but I plan to stick with the 360s from now on.

Viola! Right side is done, left side still to do. I love instant gratification projects like this.

After being on my hands and knees, looking under the fridge and whatnot, I realized that I really need to do a deep clean of the kitchen, probably the whole house. My goal is to follow this list. I mean... it's like... shoot for the moon and if you miss, you'll be among stars? I won't actually complete this list but it's a good goal.

Also, the dentists aren't pulling yo leg. Small circles is the best way to scrub with a toothbrush.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena