A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

5 Things

Things I'm currently obsessed with:


1. The Mindy Project/Mindy Kaling in general. What a helluva role model for me in my 20s! I want to be just like her in every way. Confident, funny, super super smart, perfect skin! If I could die and come back as a weird combination of her and Michelle Obama and Ellen Degeneres and also have Rosie Huntington-Whitely's legs (hey, we're dreaming here), I'd be so successful I'd probably rule the world.


2. Twitter. I just got in to it recently. #yeahso2009 I've only tweeted like 3 times? Mostly just by selecting "share with twitter" on my instagram photos... but I love reading tweets! Do yourself a favor and follow @JimGaffigan, @IMKristenBell, @TaviTulle, @KeeganMKey, @JordanPeele, @KendallJenner, @KylieJenner (what? they're adorable and post lots of pics), @Mindykaling (duh), @RebelWilson, and @WhitneyCummings. Seriously, if I got a RT from one of these people, I'd take the day off to celebrate (except Kendall & Kylie, they're kind of RT whores but I'd still be super psyched). I guess you have to tweet to get RT'd though, huh?

3. Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition on Lifetime. The season finale was this Tuesday so don't read on if you haven't watched it yet (because I'm sure it's just sitting in so many Tivo queues out there). Brianna won and she totally deserved it. What a class act little girl! Dancers are such beautiful versions of badass athletes and child dancers blow my mind. D HATED Robin Antin as a judge and Hadley's mom was terrible but these girls are SO talented and controlled and fierce. Anyway, OnDemand it. New Season of Dance Moms starts January 1st! Happy 2013 to me!


4.I feel as though these Angel Tree bicycles are a conspiracy to keep me away from that candy bowl full of baby Twix and Snickers on the table with the framed photo of Santa. I've never resented needy children more in my life.

5. The date night I'm planning for D tomorrow night! I haven't given him the url for this blog yet so I think it's safe to post about it on here and not ruin the surprise. Below you will find the note I'm going to leave on the driver's seat of his work truck tomorrow morning before I leave laying out our date night.

May I explain two things:
1. He recently heard Barry Manilow on NPR on his way to work and apparently he was really funny and nice and a good sport and so D decided he loved Barry Manilow and was disappointed that he didn't really know any of his songs except Copacabana. So, while out shopping Tuesday, I bought him Barry Manilow's new Christmas Album so he'd know the songs!
2. Jorge's is a mid-range local Mexican food place that D has decided is his new favorite. It's good, don't get me wrong, but he's really, really in to it. No complaints from this fatty, though. Sign me up for some quesadillas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena