A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Everyday Cinema

After watching Dance Moms in mostly fast forward so I could see the fierce little girls dance but could minimize the amount of time I had to listen to Abby's voice, I was out of DVR'd stuff and actually flipped through the guide. Normally I settle on King of Queens or Big Bang Theory. But tonight, I spotted INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS! It's definitely one of my favorite movies of all time, like, REAL favorites. I'll debate you on the cred of this movie. It's incredible acting, perfect pacing, funny, sad, thought-provoking... it's a GREAT movie. And it bridges one of the big, important movie gaps... it's of the utmost quality AND it's one that when I see it on the TV, I nevah evah pass on it. Now, I could go in to my undying love for Stanley Kubrick but sometimes his films are just not what I'm in the mood to watch on any given Tuesday.

See what I mean? A little too intense for absentminded viewing.

So, instead of a list of my favorite REAL movies, I figured I'd give you a top ten list of my favorite movies that when I see them on TV, I will watch them EVERY TIME, even if there is only 45 minutes left, even if it's not in HD, even if I had plans to do the dishes (duh). Because I'm ALWAYS in the mood for these movies.

We in the killin' Nazi businessAnd cousin, business is a-boomin'
  1. Inglorious Basterds (obviously) - and definitely my most intellectual choice.
  2. Sex and the City - I kept this on my DVR for over a year (when I lived alone, clearly) and would watch it on the weekly. 
  3. Elf - The ONLY holiday movie I'm happy to see on year round. Any other just stresses me out.
  4. Super Troopers - This is hands down the funniest 'stupid movie' EVER. And I'm taking in to account Anchorman AND Zoolander. This one still wins. I laugh OUT LOUD ever time. *sigh* Just love it so much.
I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans! ...Hey Farva...

  1. Chicago - Hands down the BEST musical. I put it on when I'm cleaning the house thinking 'oh, I'll just listen to it." Impossible. I end up laying on my floor with my chin on my hands, swinging my feet like a small child. Captivating.
  2. Clueless - This movie taught me more than Freshman Art Appreciation. And yes, I am talking about the Monet reference.
  3. Beauty and the Beast - In my opinion, the BEST Disney sing-along movie.
  4. Easy A - Oh y'all. Easy A is my jam. Probably D's least favorite of my favorites but c'mon! Emma Stone is so, so lovable in this!
  5. The Magic Bullet informercial - if you watch it for 2 hours, it counts as a movie, right?
Not sure where they were going with this character but I'm not mad about it.
  1. The Client List - #noshame
What's on YOUR Sunday afternoon, painting your nails, got eight hours to burn, quote every line and sing every song movie list??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena