A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Be Happy - P



I saw this little saying on one of my blogs and it kind of shook me up. What makes me HAPPY and is there a way to do more of it? Because of my commute, I have a loooooong work day. I'm going to start focusing on spending my limited free time on increasing my happiness. Obligations, chores and stress are for losers. Today's 5 things are brought to you by the letter P! These are the things I need more of in my life. 

Painting - I get it from my mama. The walls of her house are like Everlasting Gobstoppers. Sometimes a girl just needs a change and what easier and more instantly gratifying yet non-committal way than painting a room!? 
Ohhhh choices, choices! :)

Purging - Getting rid of "stuff" to have room for perfect, special, important things. I err on the side of getting rid of something rather than keeping it 'just in case'. So far, I haven't regretted it. Some people may think of cleaning stuff out as a chore but I LOVE it.

Preparing - I'm a pro at getting REALLY excited about things. My desk calendar brings me a joy I can't quite explain. I like to see my weekends and evenings full of friends and family and date nights to get excited about. Planning gives me an avenue to channel my enthusiasm. Packing lists, price comparing, reading reviews, mentally picking out my outfits... I just love to be prepared!

Praying - Or meditating. Quiet. Stillness. Solitariness. Imagining. Considering. Appreciating.

Yes, please.

Peyton - Especially the way she kind of looks at me, deciding if she loves me or not, and then grins a little and leans and holds out her arms for me to take her. Oh man, my heart explodes every time.

Oh stop it, you cutie patootie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena