A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Friends with a Capital F: Part 3

As a part of an ongoing series where I just spew love for my bestest of Friends (Katie&Lori, Mel&Ashley, D) each month, I thought my my next installment should be for my oldest and dearest Friend of them all.

MY SISSY!

At her bridal shower that I forced her in to letting me throw for her :D

Christmas morning 1998 2011

My sister and I met... when I was born... obviously! She's 4 years older than me and did not like me for a very long time. We fought like beta fish our whole childhood. One time I beat her with a hanger. Another time I smacked her across the back with a glow necklace thing at a street concert and left a GIANT welp. And another time, when I was older and should have known better, I threw an empty Dasani bottle at her face because I wanted her to shut up.

One time she punched me because I wouldn't stop saying the word 'one' over and over again.

All things considered, we should NOT be friends. But we are. Because that's the law. Family law. We're sisters so we have to be friends. But lately, we've become REAL Friends. Like... grown up, share everything, talk every day, miss each other when we don't see each other, rather run errands together than alone FRIENDS. Here are a few reasons why I just luhv my seester.

One of my favorites from her bridal shoot


1. She's setting a second example of the kind of mom I want to be. Obviously, our mom set our first and most predominant example of the kind of mom I want to be someday but now, watching Jenna, I'm learning with an adult set of eyes the kind of mom I want to be. She's so COOL about parenting! She's not fussy or hovering constantly, she's balancing a career with being a new mom, she still has her hobbies and projects and likes to work out. I hope someday I can be so cool about being a mom. And hope she's near enough to help me when I fall short.

Oh, just the two of us, being best friends <3 <3 <3

2. She's hilarious. We have really similar senses of humor and obviously a lot of history, so our back and forth banter is just plain riotous.

The day she got engaged!!! Hooray!

3. She's in tune with what makes her happy. She knows what she likes and doesn't like, what she wants to do and what she doesn't. I guess she's the most self-actualized (did I use that right, Jen?! haha) of my friends.

4. She has excellent taste. And by that, I mean we love all the same things. We fight over which celebrities are "ours" because we find the same people fabulous, the same bloggers funny, and the same hobbies fun, the same clothes cute. In some ways, we're total opposites, but when it comes to our taste, it's twinsies for sure.

5. She's got my back. When I was younger, having two mommies (and not in the cool, modern way) was the bane of my existence. She was not the cool older sister sneaking me booze or anything like that. She was the older sister that when I asked her to drop me off at a party instead of at the movies, she laughed in my face and told mom. And I'm so thankful for that. Now, two mommies is pretty swell. She's one of my best Friends, yes, but she's still my big sister. And she's still going to ALWAYS watch out for my best interest, keep me safe, love me unconditionally and pick me up when I fall down. Because she's the BEST kind of best Friend. Sister friends rule!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena