A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

100 Club



This is my 100th blog post!!! I thought long and hard about what I should write... to commemorate the 99 ridiculous posts I've made so far... but nothing came to me. I asked D what I should write for my 100th post and he said, "I'd say write about writing blogs... but you wouldn't go for it" and I told him he was right. I'm not going to do that. That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. Boys just don't understand.

So after a little research, I realized that other bloggies in the blogosphere do a "100 things you don't already know about me" post. Uhm... no. Thanks though! I am no where near that deep of a person to have 100 unpublished secrets about myself. For goodness sake, a week ago I posted BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES! I have no blog filter.

So... I'm going to give you 100 things, alright. But in batches of ten. Please don't be distracted by the erratic capitalization of random words. Some words just feel important.

Ten things (can't be people) I love: 

  1. My Dog (I had to remind myself it was okay to count him because he's not a person.)
  2. Holding hands
  3. Soft, chewy cookies
  4. Meditating
  5. Really good mascara
  6. TJ Maxx / Finding a good deal
  7. Lists & Calendars
  8. My Apple electronics
  9. Coffee
  10. Living across the alley from my parents

Ten things I hate:

  1. Children with sticky hands
  2. Speed bumps
  3. Homophobes (Everyone has a right to an opinion, but be kind to everyone! I have to actively work to be kind to homophobes so they should actively work to be kind to gay people!)
  4. Opening presents
  5. The process of getting back in shape
  6. How quickly my phone dies
  7. Brad Paisley
  8. The sound of someone scratching dry skin
  9. Mustard
  10. Loud and/or close talkers

Ten posts I want to write someday:

  1. The story of how he proposed
  2. Kanye's PUPPIES!
  3. Hello from our tropical island destination wedding!
  4. Closing on our first, adorable fixer upper home with lots of natural light and a big back yard in a good neighborhood
  5. The hilarious story of how I told D I was pregnant
  6. The hilarious story of how I told my parents I was pregnant
  7. How my Blog got Sponsored and now I can blog full time!
  8. One Year Paleo... and now I'm fit and cool like those Crossfit people.
  9. My 1000th Post! 1000 Things you don't know about me! jk jk jk
  10. Our ten favorite cities we've ever lived in


Ten favorite bloggers I follow:

  1. The Ascent Blog
  2. Leather and Lace
  3. Young House Love
  4. In The Middle
  5. Jenna.Really.Barnett
  6. Jenna Marbles Blog
  7. Little Baby Garvin
  8. GOOP
  9. Olsens Anonymous (don't judge me)
  10. Skunkboy Blog
  11. A Beautiful Mess (That's 11 but I couldn't leave Emma and Elsie out!)

Ten favorite websites:

  1. Pinterest
  2. Facebook
  3. Bloglovin
  4. Blogger
  5. Etsy
  6. Gilt
  7. One Kings Lane
  8. Mint
  9. Tobi
  10. Zillow

Ten things on my Bucket List:

  1. Ice skate on a real pond
  2. Bungee Jump
  3. White Water Rafting
  4. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
  5. Go to a rowdy South American soccer game
  6. Go to a taping of Ellen and hug her
  7. Write a book
  8. Become a certified yoga instructor
  9. Go to New York Fashion Week
  10. --- Not too shabby, I've already done so many I could only think of 9!

Ten things I would take to a deserted island:

  1. My iPad & charger
  2. A mobile hotspot (it's not that deserted)
  3. Electricity
  4. A cute bungalow decorated in pretty neutrals with a big front porch and a shower/tub combo
  5. Potable water
  6. D
  7. Sunglasses
  8. Coffee
  9. Moisturizer with SPF 30 
  10. My dog (he barely beat out my hair dryer)

Ten places I want to visit:

  1. New York City
  2. Surfer's Paradise, Australia
  3. Belgium :) :) :)
  4. New England during Autumn
  5. Greece
  6. Tokyo
  7. Fiji
  8. The Swiss Alps
  9. Chicago
  10. Hogwarts

Ten favorite places to shop

  1. TJ Maxx
  2. Marshalls
  3. Homegoods
  4. Target
  5. Etsy
  6. American Eagle (there jeans just FIT. They're made for people with booties)
  7. Urban Outfitters
  8. Forever 21
  9. Asos.com
  10. J. Crew

10 Favorite Quotes:

  1. "I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery" - Aldoux Huxley
  2. "I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I always knew the woman I wanted to be" - Diane Von Furstenburg
  3. If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" - Roald Dahl
  4. "Test Everything. Hold fast to what is good." - 1 Thesselonians 5:21
  5. "The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive" - Coco Chanel
  6. "Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you'll land among stars" - no idea
  7. "It is a bit embarassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'try to be a little kinder;" - Aldoux Huxley
  8. "Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand" - Aldoux Huxley
  9. "Happiness is a hard master, particularly other people's happiness" - Aldoux Huxley
  10. "After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much, so you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers" - Veronica Shoffstaff

Thanks to the ten to twenty of you that read my blog on a regular basis and make the time and energy I spend on it seem less whack-o. I really, really do appreciate it! I won't be stopping any time soon. You can't make me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena