A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Bone to Pick

It's Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!


I'm excited and I feel relaxed and I'm reeeeeadyyyyyy to PARRRRRRRRRTYYYYYYYYYYYY yeah, with the best of friends. I'm gonna go down to the RIVER!

Okay that's not true. I'm not going to a river. I'm going to Houston to see my Houston lovebugs and I'm going to the Hess annual employee appreciation party at the Museum of Natural Science!

I mean, c'mon. It's FANCY, I'll be with lovely FRIENDS and there will be DINOSAUR BONES! It's going to be so wonderful.

This week has been a little nutso and I'm glad to see it come to an end. D and I have been talking to a couple realtors, taking some real steps toward buying a house and next week I plan to get my pre-approval done so we know what kind of budget we're looking at! Very exciting, very confusing, a little scary.

I also have a bone to pick and it's with the bowl of candy in the lobby of our office. It's GOOD candy. Like peanut butter cups and Twix and KitKats and Snickers and I can't walk by without grabbing THREE pieces of candy. Not one. Three. So I take an alternate route to the bathroom but sometimes I just can't resist. It's undoing everything I'm working for!

So I have a couple options for a plan.

1) Request the bowl get moved a few feet in to the receptionist's office and ask her to slap my hands if I try to get some candy.
2) Put the bowl of candy under a Beauty & the Beast style glass cover. I feel like an extra barrier would make me eat less of it.
3) Bells. On strings. Hanging from the ceiling around the bowl so everyone can hear when I go for more candy.
4) No more unlimited free candy in the lobby petition! We do NOT have that many guests. 99.9% of that candy is eaten by insiders. And we don't need it! It's not good for us! Down with refined sugar!

Option 4 would never ever work. The operators would petition to have ME moved under a glass cover in the receptionist's office, I'm thinking something similar to when Jasmine gets stuck in the hour glass in Aladdin. But no one would save me. And they'd all be eating their KitKats laughing while I suffocated.

Lots of Disney references today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena