A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Spicy Butternut Soup

Hi I'm Lori, I was so excited when Arica asked me to guest blog while she was away on her fabulous cruise. I have my own little corner of the Internet, In The Middle is my blog and I have an Etsy shop as well. My blog is mostly of my recipes that I create. I eat mostly a plant based diet but will believe that food should also be real. Meaning I will most of the time choose an organic, free range, chicken, over an overly processed non-organic tofu (not that I'm against tofu by any means). I'm also a big fan of flavor so all of my dishes go through a very hard critic to even make it on the blog.

 Today I am going to share my spicy butternut squash soup. I made this the other day and A (the boyfriend) and I both agreed it was blog worthy. Plus, it is super easy and who doesn't love easy cooking? **Caution: This soup is really spicy! You can always start with 1 chipotle pepper and add more.**



Things you'll need:
1 10 oz package organic frozen butternut squash
1 can organic coconut milk
1/2 cup veggie broth
6 garlic cloves
3 chipotle peppers 
1/2 C mushrooms
1/4 C chopped carrots
1 small potato pealed and cut into cubes
1 steam of kale leaves torn
1/4 C lentils
1 avocado
dried cilantro
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp curry

Place squash, coconut milk, broth, garlic, and chipotle peppers on the stove and bring to a boil. Once at a boil turn stove down and let simmer for 15 minutes. While the soup is simmering chop mushrooms, carrots, potato and kale leaves. After 15 minutes of simmering pour soup into a blender and blend till smooth. Transfer back onto the stove add the rest of the ingredients (except avocado and cilantro) and spices, let simmer until lentils are fully cooked, about 30 more minutes. Once done garnish with avocados and cilantro and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena