A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Monday, March 11, 2013

My Weekend in Pictures


And welcome to my weekend. This is pretty much how I looked all of Sunday. The only reason I put on pants Saturday was to go to Brit's baby shower and my mom's birthday dinner. Other than that, I was a recluse of Cinderella-esque proportions. Just washin' laundry and scrubbin' dishes and getting the house ready to leave it for a week.

This week is suh-lammed at work, preparing for vacaaaaatioooooon. I have to stay super-focused and get all my stuffs in to other peoples' hands so it doesn't just sit, collecting dust while I'm out sunnin' my buns. I have a to-do list, and I'm checking it twice. I really don't want to come back to a crisis. I'm not taking a satellite phone this year because I don't have any construction going on! Hip hip hooray! 

Also, boo on daylight savings, can I get an amen?

The birthday girl just trying to keep the baby from flying away.

The beautiful mama to be.  

Babysitting is not that easy when you have no baby equipment. This was my first attempt at how I thought the carseat was supposed to go in the car. I had to send picture texts to my mom for her to correct me because I had no idea. #momhelp #25andclueless

Yup, I could hold her all day long while she sleeps. I kissed all her fingers and toes and ears and nose. 


And then this little man changed the course of our entire Sunday. He sometimes lays on this end table here so he can see out the front door, but I try not to let him. But good gravy, how cute is he?! I couldn't tell him no. Other times I open the windows and he sits on the back of the sofa and looks out the windows. But D said no, no, no. No puppies on the back of the sofa, looking out the windows. But puppies should have windows to look out. so we had to reevaluate our entire layout all because of this 6lb prince.

So this is an OLD before pic, obvi, because we've painted since. But it shows the original furniture layout that was blocking the windows. And it shows the front door has the screen at the bottom so he can't see out there, either, the little nugget.

Aaaaand after. Muuuch more open and inviting! The sofa in the front room is going to D's mom's house. Then it will be even LESS crowded. Not exactly conducive for entertaining... barely any seating... but D is loving his man throne of a recliner.

Then we needed a break. So we splurged on tortilla carbs but skipped the rice at Freebirds. 

Then we went to TJ Maxx and I bought this rug. And I put it in the dining area. I think maybe it makes the space look smaller? Separating the dining area and the living area? But the rug is really really pretty in person and I love it so it shall stay. It may find a new home in the office or something... but it's a keeper.

Also bought my Yurbuds. They're phenomenal. I'm crazy about them. Buy yourself some. The $30 ones had everything I needed. Don't bother with the $60 ones.

And little man is VERY pleased with his kingdom's new layout. He can lay in his bed and chew on his giant bone and gaze out at the birds and cars. Also he likes to run from one end of the house to the other... just because he can. The whole family is much happier with this layout. Good weekend.

1 comments:

  1. Thank you for double-triple checking her carseat. Love the new living room layout!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena