A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Boob Tube


Well would you just look at that! I have to be excited about this top ten ranking this week because we're going to Norman this weekend and... undefeated at Norman is never a fun weekend for Tech. Last time (2008), I found myself eating brownies out of the pan and drinking wine like a boy just broke my heart after we went to Norman. *sob*

I'm just going to say it, blogosphere. While I have been known to craft every now and then and I can occasionally get on a workout kick, my most favorite hobby is watching TV. Real talk. It's my favorite way to recharge my batteries.

I try to keep it to one show a night (that sounds like a lot when I put it that way). Here are my current favorites:

Key & Peele
Grey's Anatomy
The Mindy Project
Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition
Homeland
Fashion Police
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Biggest Loser

Aaaaand that's more than seven, so clearly I don't stick to my own one-a-day rule.

So anyway. The move Saturday went swimmingly. Shout out to Casey and Ashley. It took four engineers three trips with two trucks and one trailer. We were all wrapped up by 11am on Saturday and we didn't even have to call in the troops (my family). We did party crash my parents house to watch the Tech game (Wreck em!) and wait for the AT&T technician to call because he was scheduled to hook up our cable and internet between 11 and 1 on Saturday. To save you some expletives... he did not call.

When D called to check on the status, he was informed that the technician reported that we called him and told him we wanted to reschedule. Liarface. I may have forgotten to call and get our gas connected and now we don't have hot water at the new house so we're basically glamping at our old house until Wednesday... but I would NEVER forget nor cancel our cable connection appointment. That's crazy talk.

So now they won't be able to hook it up until THURSDAY of this week. I won't go in to all the shows I'm missing due to this hot mess. It will upset me too much. a;sdogiha;swdlgkjas;dlgfka;asgfdha;sld I WANT CABLE!!!

At first, I thought this would be a fun technology detox. Force us to be productive at the new house. Maybe... take a walk. Introduce ourselves to our new neighbors. But by 7pm on Saturday (about 4 hours without cable) I was having withdraws. And last night, when I was watching Crocodile Dundee on DVD (clearly D's choice) instead of Homeland, I was full on, crackhead cable tweaking.

So, if you happen to see me peeking through your windows this week, watching your TV from the shrubs in front of your house, please don't call the cops. Have mercy on me.

(Sorry for no pictures today... I had my phone in my car and my hands full of boxes all weekend)

Happy Monday, Blog-loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena