A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wanderings of my Mind - Love Dare Edition

Learning to Love Unconditionally - I've been scribbling in my journal, reading articles, noticing quotes on Pinterest, ect, ect with The Love Dare I mentioned a couple days ago on my mind. Here are some of the things that have caught my eye as I go through this 40 day challenge. I realized maybe blogging as I go through this isn't the best idea so I'll do a recap at the end. But here's some of what's been on my mind lately due to this challenge 'o mine. Maybe something here applies to something on your heart lately.


Love is not easily angered.

Love is hard to offend and quick to forgive.



Minor problems don't yield major reactions (which upsets my scientific soul because I can think of LOTS of minor upsets that yield major reactions... #chemistryrulez)

A loving wife wifey-type is not sensitive or cranky and exercises emotional self-control (I'm sorry, what is the "emotional self-control" you speak of and where can I buy some?)



Am I a calming breeze or an eminent storm?

The Sabbath is strategic. It is a commanded margin to allow for rest and refocus.

What are my priorities? Does how I spend my time reflect those? (ahem, Pinterest, I'm lookin' at you).

Fighting is bad. Do everything you can to avoid it. Make the other person laugh.

Be completely humble and gentle.



Shield and protect your relationships.

K-Love articles on The Love Dare

The "Girls Guide To" staying married for 15 years

The article on affirmations my Lori posted the other day

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena