A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Missing Kidd

"You can shed tears that he is gone,
or you can smile because he has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember him only that he is gone,
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what he'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on."

- the quote J-Si shared on the air this morning


The news of Kidd Kraddick's passing away knocked me flat on my butt Saturday night. All I could do was refresh my browser and cry. That was the entirety of my Saturday night. Fellow listeners: I'm sure you know exactly what I was feeling.

Sunday morning, right after we woke up, while we were still laying in bed, I got sad again. D asked me to tell him more about my friend, Kidd. What were my favorite memories of him? 

So I let tears fall while I told him alllllllll about Kidd's Kids, my favorite Breaking and Entering Christmases, how he inspired me to Pay it Forward, and Rock Camp. ALL the good deeds I could remember him ever doing and lives he touched. It was good to talk about how much Kidd c'complished and how I knew that laying in bed crying wasn't how he'd want to be mourned. In order to really respect Kidd, I had to turn my sadness in to good deeds and keep my head up.

It was very indulgent to have someone who isn't a regular listener understand I had lost someone important in my life. Fellow listeners can commiserate but Sunday, I needed someone to feel sorry for me.

D and I talked about how Kidd Kraddick in The Morning was the most universal show on the radio. I think the fan-base was so broad because, very simply, of Kidd's kindness. He was never isolating or close-minded. Whether he was addressing a recent national tragedy or the latest Hollywood breakup, it was always done in good taste, good humor, with the most positive spin he could possibly put on it. He was just a damn ray of sunshine and I miss him already!

I do hope the rest of the cast carries on the torch, however they decide is most appropriate, because while his spirit lit a fire in me, they carry on his spirit in each of them. His legacy is one of kindness, charity, and respect. In his honor, I plan to do as many Random Acts of Kindness as I possibly can for as long as I possibly can. I am a better person for having known Kidd. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena