A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Sugar and Spice

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. - Ephesians 4:2

Googled "Cross Christian" to find a pretty, decorative image of a cross but instead found this one. Win.

Last night, I mentioned to my therapist that I had been at Barnes & Noble the previous night looking for a good, non-cheesy devotional with no success. She recommended a devotional based off The Love Dare. So I figured I'd ch-ch-ch-check it out, right?

The Love Dare is a 40 day challenge to understand and practice unconditional love. It's meant to be a marriage challenge, but D's practically a ball-n-chain so I'm going to give it a whirl! It's very fun homework in my opinion. I love me a good challenge.

So. Many. Fonts.


Day 1 is titled Love is Patient (yea, tomorrow is Love is Kind... I never said it was a creative challenge). The "dare" of the day is to say nothing negative to your lovah at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.

Tricky tricky? D's going shooting tonight so I won't see him at all! bwahahahaha! Boom. Batting 1000 on this challenge so far! Study at my feet, y'all.

Juuuuuuust kidding. I'll start tomorrow; we'll be together ALL day long (Saturday) so it should be a legit challenge for my smart mouth. I've always wished I was one of those naturally sweet girls? That genuinely laughs at corny jokes and says "Bless your heart" and stuff like that. But I also really want people to think I'm funny? Conundrum.

If anyone feels like texting me words of encouragement tomorrow that I can respond to with smart-ass hilarity, I'd appreciate it. I'll need an outlet for all my pent up, evil comedy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena