A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014



I've written my fair share of mushy posts about my moon and stars, Daryl (Game of Thrones reference, anyone?) But it's Valentine's Day so here comes another!

Last Valentine's Day I wrote a super mushy post about what a rockstar he is. And not a darn thing has changed in the last year in that department: He's hot, smart, fun, kind, funny, encouraging, ambitious, a great partner and a phenomenal kisser! I love that post. Go read it! It reminds me every time how completely obsessed with him I am.

But while he remains exactly the boy I met 5 years ago, he's just... more. A lot about our lives changed since last year's V day post. We bought a house and are turning it in to a home. We are taking our jobs and turning them in to careers. We went from a couple of love birds to a wolf pack.

I'm sharing responsibilities with him and him with me. And for the first time, we're taking on new responsibilities together. We make each other's lives easier. We lean on each other more these days than ever before.

I refuse to call him my best friend because I think that's a totally dorky thing to say, and also a slight on my actual best friends who are vital to my life. I mean, he's been my favorite person for a really long time, but in the last year, he's become the most important person in my life.

It's not mushy or sexy or fantastic. It's really, really real. And I think that's the most romantic thing of all.

I can say I love him to the moon and back. Or I love him more every day. Or I love him with all my heart. They'd all be accurate. But that's been the case for a long time now. When I look back on my Valentine's Day 2014 post, I want to remember that this is the year we rooted ourselves in each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena