A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday 5

1. My new form of cardio that I don't hate at all:


I just set the incline to as high as the treadmill will go (this one went to 15) and then I just climb. I feel like the thing is vertical but when I get off, I realize it's not that impressive of an incline. My heart rate gets up there but I can easily go 20 minutes, huffing and puffing, without hating my life or swearing off working out forever (typical reactions I have when I get on the treadmill). Also, it works the booty and legs more than just regular running, so hey!

2. New hardware for the kitchen, baby! These gold balls have been the bane of my existence in the kitchen (along with our other banes of existence: wallpaper, orange-y toned cabinets, the faucet that sprays like a fire house, ect, ect). When we first bought the house, Peyton immediately walked up to one on a lower cabinet and bit it. These are not something easy to overlook. I sat cross-legged in the aisle at Lowe's surveying all the options and landed on these for the knobs. I got cup pulls for the drawers but we have to drill new holes for those so they haven't gotten installed yet. Maybe tonight.

In this picture the balls don't look so horrific... but trust us, this makes a huge difference.
Also, it really tones done the orange in the kitchen when ALL the gold is gone. #winning

3. Next set of highlights, please. My appointment is tomorrow and I'm taking in basically my entire hair and makeup board but here are my top inspiration pics.

So this is where I want to get by late spring... a full out bronde. But my hairdresser kindly told me if I went from my natural dark brown to this, I'd fry my hair and it'd fall out of my head. 

So.... I'm settling for incremental highlights. My first set are very natural looking but I'm hoping this set will take me to about half way to "bronde". I'm thinking something around this tone:

I have no doubt every brunette has this picture pinned as a highlight option on their board!
It's an oldie but a goodie!

4. Did you know that dark roast coffee actually has LESS caffeine per bean? Some of the caffeine is lost during the roasting process (like, just a tiny bit). I was curious so I googled it the other day. I started typing "Does dark roast coffee have more caffeine" and when I got to "Does da" Google autofilled "Does Daryl die?" and I thought WHAT?!?! Spelled correctly and everything. So I clicked on it, obviously, and it turns out that's a character on The Walking Dead. Phew.

5. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek the Oscars are this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I plan to make paleo cookie dough, crack open a bottle of Pinot Grigio and hold my breath to see what Lupita Nyong’o wears! Also, Ellen is hosting and I have an undying love for that woman. I failed miserably at seeing all the Best Picture nominees this year, so I just hope they spread the love. Oh, and Pharrell is performing! Love me some Pharrell. He's releasing his new album RIGHT after his performance. Yay Yay Yay OSCARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note: last year, Kanye was a puppy and he, apparently, was seeing a ghost in our home and BARKED through like half the Oscar's. I could not calm him down. I finally put him in the backyard, closed the doggie door and yelled "THE OSCARS ARE ONE NIGHT A YEAR, KANYE!" Not my proudest doggie mom moment. Luckily, D was in the backyard assembling a BBQ grill, so he wasn't alone out there.

1 comments:

  1. I love the Bronde pic! Its gonna look sooooo good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena