A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Currently

Watching - DRUNK HISTORY! Are you guys watching this?? I know it was a Youtube series for a while so we may be a little behind the times but D and I have been glued to every episode on Comedy Central so far.



Eating - Everything in front of my face. OMG. It's out of control. I don't even want to go in to it. Let's not talk about it, ok?

Thinking About - Signing up for a stupid 5k. Or something similar to give me a stupid goal to work toward. I hate running so much. It's absolutely the reason I lost my passion for soccer. When there was no equipment out when I got to soccer practice as a kid, my imagination kicked in to high gear, frantically trying to figure out a way to get out of the 3 mile run I knew was in store for practice. Jump in front of my mom's minivan as she's pulling away? Pee my pants? Rip one of my cleats in half like the Hulk? All better options than running.


Mad About - How old I'm feeling these days. I blame 85% of this on the stark realization that my metabolism is doing exactly what everyone told me it would one day do, 10% on my new concept of what "sleeping in" and "staying up late" mean, and 5% on the joy that buying a new mandoline (the kitchen tool, not the instrument) brings me. Relating to this buzzfeed a lot these days.

Reading - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. D and I have been reading it on road trips and his Hagrid impression is on point. Also, can we discuss the fact that I JUST realized Diagon Alley is "diagonally" just broken in to two words? As an avid fan, I'm so disappointed in myself.

Celebrating - How much we love Mel and Andy. We spent all weekend pool drinking at the San Luis Resort in Galveston, riding the rides on Pleasure Pier, making fun of the name "Pleasure Pier", speaking in accents, getting fake tattoos, gorging ourselves on delicious food and just generally enjoying their company while we can! Next year, we'll be celebrating Oktoberfest in Munich, but until then, our weekend at the San Luis will have to tide us over.

Just a couple dudes, helping each other put on sunscreen... (Andy really does heart to fart btw)

Walrus-ing a couple Pina Coladas to start their day. 

Just water for us two (PSYCH!)

The guys tied the bucket of beers to their swim trunks as a handy way to keep up with it.
Drinking geniuses, I tell you.

Mel totally won the hoola hoop contest! But I think the real winner was that hammered bachelorette in the blue on the left, just dancing around HOLDING her hoola hoop. 

Andy's 'stache glasses were a hit with the hammered bachelorettes

Craving - I mean, if we're being honest, a Subway cookie. And also, world peace.

Making me Happy - My new vintage arrow collection! I saw this image of a small collection kept in a clear vase on Pinterest and I've never navigated to Ebay faster. My first few arrows were waiting on the front porch when we got home Sunday night. I couldn't be more excited!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena