A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Our Little Valentine

We got a puppy.


She's very cute. She's adventurous and smart. Her name is Valentine but she's not particularly lovey dovey just yet. She's got too much exploring to do.

Unfortunately... I'm having a weird emotional reaction. Remember how I mentioned that I was sure my heart was just going to explode with love when we brought her home? Meh.


I mean, yea, she's totally adorable. Doing well with potty training and is starting to let her precious personality shine through and all that... but I'm just not utterly obsessed with her yet. That's so mean, right? I chalk it up to sleep deprivation.


However, Kanye? Oh man. On Friday I loved him the most you can possibly love a dog. And then on Saturday, I loved him ten times that much. He is SO STINKING CUTE with Valentine. He LOVES having a playmate and I think we picked her up from the breeder at just the right age. They are playing so great together. He lets her just hang from his face fur, bite his tail, crawl all over him. He brings her toys and lets her get a good hold and then gently plays tug-o-war with her. And this morning, I was in the bathroom and they were playing in the bedroom and K came running in and gave me a look. And when I followed him, I found Valentine chewing on one of my Michael Kors high heels! I mean, COME ON! Isn't he the best dog ever?!?


I would have never in a million years guessed that he would take to his little sister like this. And it happened overnight. It took zero coaching. It is 100% just his instincts. I've never seen anything like it. I officially take back all the jokes I've made about him being the least intelligent Yorkie I've ever met. If you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it'll live it's entire life believing it's stupid, right? He was made for this. This is his calling.

1 comments:

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena