A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5 Things

1. The Collect App! I seriously got on my blogger account today so that I could write a '5 Things' blog JUST so I can share this app. Now I'm going to have to think of 4 other things... ANYWAY, yes. So the app is free and it completely plays to my love for documenting things. It's a photo-a-day journal app that is so simple and sweet. It's not a social app, shockingly, but I'm obsessed with taking the time to notice something each day that I'm grateful for or makes me happy, capturing a photo of it and then looking back at the blessings that month! You can print out the calendar at the end of the month and have a physical journal to browse through... but I probably won't. Although since you don't have to create an account to use the app, if your phone goes south, your journal will be lost with the phone.



2. My homemade iced coffee! I made my very own batch of Pioneer Woman iced coffee Saturday night (I know, I'm such a wild child) and it turned out really stinking good! I put a splash of milk in it and since the fridge door was already open and everything, I poured some maple syrup in it, Buddy the elf style. Yummm. It was my picture for Collect on Saturday and everything.  It was the most exciting thing I did Saturday. Couldn't really take a picture of me sitting on the couch watching Sister Act II, now could I? I don't think I need to even mention that D went out of town Saturday to see his mom... based on my activities, I think it's pretty clear I was unsupervised.

Letting it... brew? steep? Not sure what the terminology is for iced coffee.

This isn't a picture of myyyy coffee... it's the picture Pioneer Woman put on her recipe... 
but mine looked very similar

3. Irene Suchoki. She's a Canadian photographer after my heart. D mentioned a while back that he doesn't want "any abstract art in the house" which I thought meant no Cubism-era Picaso or anything, which is fair; that stuff is trippy. But come to find out, he means he wants exclusively literal art. Photography, really. So when I happened upon Irene's Etsy shop, I knew it would be the ideal compromise. I see a bulk order being placed in the near future. And for the record, she does photograph colorful stuff, too. I just happened to pick a couple colorless examples.

Icebergs reflected off still water

The black sand beaches of Ireland

Zebra stripe without being all up in your face about zebra stripes.

4. Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel. Yum, right? But it's not quite what you think. I saw on Pinterest that people are claiming it's the dupe for Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and it sparked my memory. I used to use it, mixed with my foundation in the summers, to keep from sweating all my makeup off. So I've brought it back in to the rotation now that the weather is heating back up and I forgot what a little miracle worker this stuff is. I got it at Target.



5. Toe touches - I get in to a rut when it comes to abs but this one is new in my rotation and it's a keeper. I thought doing V-ups WAS doing toe touches. Unbeknownst to me, those are different exercises. Gawd, Karen, you're so STUPID! These you keep your feet right where they are in the picture below, no up and down with your legs. Only your upper body moves. Burn baby burn!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena