A lunch break blogger, just writing to hear herself talk.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014


*shimmy shimmy* It's 2014!!!

I think maybe I've done it yous guys.

So all day today I've been reading "One Little Word" posts and I want to jump on the bandwagon! Instead of a straight up resolution, they are choosing a word they'd like to embody more in 2014. A few I've seen so far are Brave, Balance, Revise & Whole.

I think this year, mine shall be "Now". Or maybe "Present"? "Focused?"

Ugh, I don't know if I have a word yet. But the essence of my word is to be more in-the-moment. I'm a daydreamer. I'm a planner. I'm a goal setter. Starting... well now!... I'm going to try to do better. When I'm at work, I won't be thinking about home reno. When I'm at home, I won't spend my evenings Pinning away at a dream closet I'd never shell out the money to acquire. I have just as many hours in the day as Beyonce, eh? There's time for it all.



So yea. Wish me luck.

Also, I mean, why not do this fun Pinterest quiz thing everyone else is doing while we're at it?!

A bad habit I want to break:
Eating sugar. I've identified it as a full blown addiction. I'm not being dramatic. The emotional ups and downs it creates is just unreal. Yes, Twix bars are what I imagine heaven tastes like. But I'm dependent on it to be in a good mood. No es bueno.

A new skill I'd like to learn:
Contouring and conversational Spanish. Because I'm cultured, but I still like to party.

A person I hope to be more like:
Daryl

I think that means I have to watch more Star Wars though. :)

A new food I'd like to try:
Tuna. I've never tried it because it looks like cat food and even comes in a can just like cat food. But I want to try to learn to like it.

Also, I want to learn how to cook a really baller steak.

A place I'd like to visit:
The southern Atlantic coast - South Carolina or Georgia. Oh, and also Belgium and Germany, of course :D

I'm going to do better at:
Car maintenance. Poor Lucy. She's looking ratchet.


Your turn. Let's hear your goals and plans. New Years Resolutions get a bad rap. Taking a moment to savor a clean slate never hurt anyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

© Overly-Enthusiastic Arica, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena